- Mass Organ of the Amilcar Cabral Ideological School (ACIS)
1st January 2018
WE MUST ORGANISE & MOBILISE FOR A NEW POLITICAL & SOCIO-ECONOMIC TRANSITION IN NIGERIA!
ACIS-M CLARION FOR MASS POLITICAL EDUCATION, MASS ORGANISATION & MASS MOBILISATION TOWARDS MASS UPRISING!!
Compliments and Solidarity of a new calendar 2018 to all working people across the world, and oppressed peoples in the Pan-African world, Latin-America, Palestine, Sahrawi, Asia, Europe, America (South & North) and other peoples under imperialist domination. Our country Nigeria cannot continue with the current political and socioeconomic arrangements operating on the terms of imperialist agenda imposed on us in the 1999 Transition from military to civilian rulers. We should not continue on the periodic selections called elections because more than 98% of the population can only exercise the rights to vote but cannot exercise the rights to be voted for. The 98% cannot be voted for because the polity is dominated by money bags, looters of national wealth and agents of IMF and World Bank (military and civilians in the past and present). Even the rights to vote by the 98% are always manipulated at every elections and we are reduced to making choices on which of the looters and rulers, to vote. This explains why, with less than two years in any election tenure of four years, politicians would always begin their deceptive campaigns to recycle themselves in Governments.
We should not continue this deception of Governance because no credible Nigerian or political party with pro-people policies can win election in this kind of exclusive politics that is anchored on private economic interests, without the endorsement of the looters and rulers.
• To be FREE, WE MUST SHUN BEING MANIPULATED WITH ETHNICITY!
• To Build a Just Nigeria, Africa and Global peace, WE SHOULD AVOID BEING DIVIDED ON RELIGION LINES!
• To Change Nigeria and Africa, WE MUST ORGANISE AGAINST THE PERIODIC ELECTIONS (2019, 2023, 2027, 2031, etc). THE PADDY PADDY
ELECTIONS CANNOT REDEEM NIGERIA & AFRICA AS LONG AS POLITICS IS DOMINATED BY LOOTERS & ECONOMIC TERRORISTS IN GOVERNMENT!
• To ensure Human Development and Social Progress in Nigeria and Africa, WE NEED TO Be part of all mass resistance and protests by Labour, working people organisations (artisans, farners, traders), students and youth, academic and professional groups against IMF and World Bank policies of Privatisation, Auctioning of National Assets, Demolition of Homes and Shops of the Poor, hike in school fees and electricity tariffs, etc.
• To hope for a Future, WE MUST STRUGGLE FOR A NEW POLITICAL AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC TRANSITION!
STRUGGLE TO CHANGE THIS UNJUST ARRANGEMENT BEGINS NOW!
• Let's commence sustained Resistance against the Privatisation policies in Electricity, Water, Aviation, Education, Health, Steel, Oil and Energy Sector, Basic infrastructures (rail, roads, communication), Mines, Public Services, etc. Be part of all mass resistance and protests by Labour, working people organisations (artisans, farners, traders), students and youth, academic and professional groups against IMF and World Bank policies of Privatisation, Auctioning of National Assets, Demolition of Homes and Shops of the Poor, hike in school fees and electricity tariffs, etc.
• Reject and Resist the Austerity Measures, including cuts in public services, wage reductions, attacks on workers’ rights, hike in fuel prices and school fees. And INSIST on Adequate Funding on health, education, living wage and income, living pension and special care for the aged, women, children and the most vulnerable Nigerians and Africans in Nigeria.
• Let’s Organise towards an Industrialisation Economy based on Public ownership and democratic management of all major sectors of the economy as guaranteed in Section 16 of the 1999 Constitution.
• Let’s Struggle for a New Nigeria that SHOULD BE PART of the process for a New International Economic Order using the Socialist Models. Socialist Models are about the Common Goods or Collective Goods of ALL, as opposed to the Capitalist Models (privatization, deregulation, IMF & World Bank enslavement, etc), which are about Private Goods (greed, profits & dehumanization), with implications for continuous exploitation, injustice, poverty, underdevelopment and backwardness.
• Let’s Struggle for a New Political Arrangement where Politics shall be to promote and defend collective interests of the working people on the production and distribution needs of the working population and the aged on education, healthcare, shelter, infrastructure, living income, environment, recreation, social welfare, decent jobs and employment. A Polity with no special remuneration approved for elected and appointed executives and representatives.
• A new Nigeria needs to remove ethno-religious sentiments in Governance by scrapping the House of Representatives, and reducing the National Assembly to one representative per state, and ensure that Ministerial appointments at the States and National levels are limited in numbers and are based on socioeconomic interests of (Labor and all categories of the working population, Academic, Youth, Women, Professionals, Technical, Security of life and National Assets).
• Organise and Mobilise Yourself (outside Ethnicity & Religion) in your workplaces, neighbourhoods and institutions for the Struggle for System Change to triumph.
To bring about a System Change (not Regime change), WE NEED TO BE PART OF THE POLITICAL EDUCATION & MASS MOBILISATION TOWARDS MASS CONSCIOUSNESS, MASS RESISTANCE & MASS UPRISING!
WE NEED TO BUILD A PARTY OF THE WORKING PEOPLE & THE OPPRESED TO LEAD THE MASS UPRISING TO SYSTEM CHANGE!!
Issued Monday, January 1, 2017
Visit us regularly at www.thepeopleng.org, email: acis_cabral @yahoo.com, call 08077258001, 08159327283
ACIS-M, also known as ACIS-Movement was formed out of our experience of struggle since the inception of Amilcar Cabral Ideological School (ACIS) on July 16, 2005. Its main principle is to consciously guide, create and work with Socialist and Pan-African world movements and such other pro-oppressed people’s movements that would make it possible for the seizure of political power, with which to banish exploitation and institute a collective ownership socio-economic formation and its democratic management, in order to pave way for the emergence of a humane society with communal values.
Check us out: WE MUST BE A FREE PEOPLE!